5/5 - (3 votes)
Finding duplicate content is necessary for several reasons:
- For better ranking and to keep your site safe from Google sanctions like Panda.
- To check your content team's writings before posting to maintain your online reputation.
But, the more important question is: how do you find duplicate content on your site or in any part of the content? Well, there are several duplicate content checker tools that can help you find duplicate content.
In this article, I will review the top 5 tools and also share the exact process of detecting duplicate content using these tools.
Here is the list of top duplicate content checker tools that you can use to find duplicate content:
- 1- Duplicator
- 2- Grammar
- 3- Siteliner
- 4- Copyscape
- 5- What text
Duplichecker is one of the best duplicate content checkers online. Over 3 million users use Duplichecker monthly to check their content for plagiarism. It is a simple yet reliable online duplicate content checker.
Related:Top Plagiarism Checkers Reviewed
How to use Duplichecker to find duplicate content
First, visit Duplichecker and type or paste your text as shown in the image below.
You can also enter the URL of the web page to check for content duplication.
Now after clicking the "Check Plagiarism" button, you will get results similar to the image below.
Here, you get information like total words, number of duplicate copies, plagiarism percentage, and duplicate sources. The tool also highlights duplicate content in red, as seen in the image above.
You can download the report as a PDF or Word file.
Main benefits of Duplichecker
- It allows you to check up to 10,000 words at a time.
- You can upload a file with formats such as .txt, .tex, .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, and .odt. Also, you can check any content for plagiarism through the URL of the web page.
- With a special color coding scheme, Duplichecker presents the results in a way that users can easily understand the difference between unique and duplicate content.
- In addition to English, it supports multiple languages, including Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Arabic, and Indonesian.
- For ease of use, it displays the result with the percentage of unique and duplicate content.
The free version of Duplichecker allows you to check content up to 1000 words. Duplichecker also offers paid plans that depend on your usage. Pricing starts at $10 per month for up to 30,000 words and goes up to $185 per month for over 1 million words. However, if your requirements are over a million words, you can go for a custom plan.
With over 70 million monthly active users, Grammarly is a popular online plagiarism checker tool that is used by most of the users. Apart from plagiarism detection, Grammarly is also a useful grammar checking tool that helps content writers create better and engaging content without errors.
Related:What content writing tools do expert writers use?
How to use Grammarly to find duplicate content
First, go to the website, paste your content and click the "Scan for plagiarism" button as shown in the image below. You can also upload a document file.
After clicking the button, Grammarly will start checking your content for plagiarism and will display the results below:
In addition to duplicate content, it also highlights any typos in your content.
Related:Key Content Marketing ROI Statistics
Main benefits of Grammarly
- Grammarly checks a database of over 16 billion web pages for duplicate content.
- It scans your content and highlights duplicate passages or sentences that need to be rewritten.
- Grammarly also tells you which web page your content matches from, so you can go directly to that page to resolve your duplicate content issue.
- Grammarly also offers a free and easy to use Chrome browser.
- To check any external document for plagiarism, it allows you to upload a file of your document.
Grammarly comes with a free version where you can check unlimited content for plagiarism. You can also go for the premium version that costs $11.66 per month in which you get duplicate copy sources on the web.
With the ability to scan your entire site for duplicate content, Siteliner is a must-have for all website owners. You just need to enter your website URL and the tool will check every page of your website for plagiarism. In addition to duplicate content, Siteliner also finds broken links, page word count, and outbound links.
Related:Do you know what content writing is? (With the best examples)
How to use Siteliner to find duplicate content
The first step is to open Siteliner in your Internet browser. Then simply enter or paste your website URL and click "GO".
After clicking the button, Siteliner will start to scan the entire site and display the duplicate pages as you can see in the image below.
Shows the percentage of matching words. When you click on any of the results, you can see the duplicate content and page URLs highlighted in red.
Main benefits of Siteliner
- Siteliner allows you to download the result as a report in PDF format.
- Shows the matched words, match percentage, and matched pages for each page on your site.
- When you click on any of the results, you get a detailed report containing duplicate pages with highlighted text.
- Siteliner's color-coding scheme helps users better understand the report. As the red color indicates the highest number of duplicate words, the green indicates the average number of duplicate words, and the gray indicates common content.
- Siteliner allows you to view up to 25,000 web pages from any website.
The free version of Siteliner allows you to view up to 250 pages of your website. But if you want to check more pages, you can buy additional credits. Each credit verifies one page and costs $0.01 per page.
Copyscape is one of the most popular duplicate content checkers available online. Copyscape allows you to compare two articles, blogs or text snippets for plagiarism and you can also enter the URLs of web pages.
Related:B2B Content Marketing Ideas
How to use Copyscape to find duplicate content
After opening the Copyscape website, you need to enter the URL of the web page.
After clicking the "Go" button, Copyscape displays results that contain duplicate copy sources of your web content, as shown in the image below.
Here you can see the number of duplicate results, source URLs, and duplicate content.
Related:Ridiculously Easy Ways to Improve Content Marketing
Main benefits of Copyscape
- For large websites, Copyscape allows users to scan up to 10,000 web pages using "Batch Search".
- For external content, you can upload a PDF or Word file to Copyscape.
- With "Exclude Filter", you can filter out any website that you don't want to be included in the search.
- To prevent online "plagiarism" from stealing your content from a website, Copyscape offers over 20 free banners that you can easily add to your website.
- By using Copyscape's "Copysentry" feature, you receive automatic alerts whenever a copy similar to your content is uploaded to the web.
The free version of Copyscape allows you to verify two web pages. With the premium version, you can check up to 10,000 pages. It costs 3c for up to 200 words (1c for an additional 100 words).
Quetext is another effective online duplicate content detection tool that helps you make your content 100% unique. It has more than 5 million users, including students, teachers, writers, bloggers, and webmasters.
Related:The Ultimate Guide to B2B Content Marketing Strategy
How to use Quetext to find duplicate content
The first step is to register an account. Once registered, log in and enter your content. You should also click on the "Check Plagiarism" button as shown in the image below.
Quetext will now compare your content against billions of web pages to find duplicate content. The results obtained are similar to the image below.
Here, you get data like plagiarism percentage, sources of duplicate content, and also highlighted duplicate content. You can also download the PDF file of the report.
Related:PDFBear Review: The Best Free Document Conversion Tool
Quetext Key Benefits
- Using "DeepSearch™" technology, Quetext deeply scans every word of your content to provide the best results.
- You can use the "ColorGrade" function that displays the type of duplicate content, such as exact match, near exact match, or fuzzy match.
- It also shows the source URL of the duplicate copy with the percentage of duplicate content.
- With a built-in citation wizard, Quetext displays all unintentional plagiarisms like the ones your brand mentions.
With the free version of Quetext, check for plagiarism up to 2500 words or 5 pages. Quetext also offers a premium version that costs $9.99 per month where you can query up to 100k words of content.
The duplicate content tools listed above will definitely help you create quality content without worrying about duplicate content issues. These tools will help you find duplicate content on your website and are best in terms of advanced features with flexible pricing. Whether you are a professional blogger or a writer, you just need to have a good plagiarism checker.