Wondering which is the best free form builder to use on your WordPress site? Here is a list of some of the best free WordPress form plugins.
Adding a contact form to your WordPress site is essential for any business.
It provides a convenient and familiar way for your customers to communicate with you online and can help you keep your inbox free of spam. Contact forms are also an effective lead generation tool. And when done right, they can be the most valuable part of your website.
But you must be wondering: How do I create a free WordPress form? We recommend a form builder plugin!
Formidable Forms is the best WordPress Form Builder plugin.Get it for free!
If you are looking for the best free form builder for WordPress, you are in the right place!
What is the best free form builder plugin for WordPress?
Fortunately, many WordPress form plugins can help you design and create a contact form for free. They have different strengths and weaknesses, so which plugin should you use?
Because the truth is that most of these plugins can create many types of forms. Examples include registration forms, order forms, and registration forms. In fact,the best form builders can create any web form imaginable.And if you're worried about paying for an expensive form builder: free is an option!
But sorting through the WordPress.org plugin directory can be tiresome. That's why we're here to help!
In this list, we will look at 6 of the best free WordPress form plugins available. We'll also list its pros and cons so you can decide which one is best for you. Read on – your best WordPress form plugin awaits!
FREE WordPress form plugins
In today's post, we'll take a closer look at the best WordPress contact form plugins. We'll look at each online form creator's data collection, form style, and more!
- formidable forms
- contact form 7
- HubSpot Form Builder
- Ninja Training
- Everest Shapes
1. Formidable shapes
formidable formsis a free WordPress plugin that allows you to createperfect contact forms.
There is a unique built-in form builder that allows you to combine your forms with yourtema do WordPress. With the templater, you can customize colors, fonts, borders and more without writing any code. Their forms are fully responsive and mobile friendly, so they look great on any device.
Formidable Forms is the most advanced WordPress form building plugin available today, but it's still free.Formidable Lite planhas an intuitive interface. Hedrag and dropThe functionality makes creating custom forms quick and easy. This feature also makes creating forms easy for users of any skill level.
If you are looking for moreadvanced features, asbuild a calculatoror survey tools, you'll find them in the premium version of Formidable Forms. These selected resources provide valuable tools for any business.
Formidable can even be used as a website application builder, as a WordPress directory plugin, with all the features you need to create a complete directory website.
Get the best WordPress form builder now!
But if you're not ready to commit, don't worry. You can do a lot with the free Lite version of Formidable Forms.
- Create unlimited custom forms as aquizwith drag and drop builder.
- For quick or common forms, choose from a selection of pre-made templates.
- Create accessible WCAG/A11Y compliant forms.
- Customize the appearance of your forms using the modeler.
- Create automatic responses.
- Get spam protection.
- Save form entries to a database.
- Preview your posts on the backend of your WordPress site.
- Import and export forms and styles.
- Export entries to a CSV file.
If you need any kind of contact form for your WordPress site, Formidable Forms will help you. Its strong features, ease of use, and powerful Lite version place it firmly at the top of any list of the best free WordPress form plugins.
The premium version adds a lot more features. He cancreate online examsand questionnaires, payment forms, conversation forms, directories, and much more. It's also extremely customizable, with over 125 hooks and comes with forms that allow for file uploads and included content.
- The most powerful and advanced WordPress form plugin available.
- Simple drag and drop interface requires no coding knowledge.
- Customizable forms look great on all devices and complement your WordPress theme.
- Several features allow you to expand beyond basic contact forms.
- It seamlessly integrates with popular email marketing platforms.
- A Slack community for Formidable Forms lets you share ideas and knowledge.
- When your need for contact forms becomes your need for an app builder, you don't need to switch to another plugin.
- Complete beginners might be overwhelmed by all the options in Formidable Forms.
Formidable Lite is completely free, while yourpremium planethey range from $39.50 for the first year to $599 for the Elite plan. It also comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee to try out its free options.
2. WP Forms
WPFormsis a free and easy to use WordPress form builder. Like Formidable Forms, it offers a drag-and-drop interface, which means you don't need to be a coding expert to create attractive and functional forms.
But sometimes plugins claiming to be free come with some warnings. So is there a free version of WPForms? Yes! So, if you are looking for a basic WordPress form builder, the WPForms Lite plugin is an attractive and easy-to-use option.
Going further, this plugin is particularly useful for those who are new to creating forms. WPForms sacrifices some of the more advanced features you'll find with other plugins on this list in favor of overall ease of use.
That said, if you need something more than a basic contact form builder, you're better off going with a more flexible, fully-featured option like Formidable Forms.
- Drag-and-drop form creation interface.
- Pre-made templates for basic contact forms and suggestion forms.
- Import and export forms.
- Use a reCAPTCHA field to block spam.
- Link the plugin to yourconstant contactaccount.
You can customize the templates to suit your website needs; however, some fields (such as a website URL) are not included in the free version. Also, the Lite version of WPForms does not save form submissions in the database. This makes email notifications very important.
Furthermore, the premium version adds many great features like instant NPS fields, email integrations, conversation forms, and much more. WPForms presents its control panel in a very simple way with minimal options.
- The easy-to-use functionality is beginner-friendly.
- The free version includes pre-made templates for basic contact forms.
- You can use a reCAPTCHA field to block spam.
- Integrates with Constant Contact.
- It offers a premium version with great features for beautiful shapes.
- You cannot save form entries with the free version.
- The free version includes fewer options than other form plugins.
- Forms are less customizable to keep options to a minimum.
WPForms Lite is free while paid plans range from $79 to $599 per year. This plugin also comes with a free trial.
👉Read more:Formidable vs WPForms
contact form 7might be the grandfather of all free WordPress forms plugins. It is the oldest plugin on this list and also one of the most popular. This plugin is free and you can install it on as many websites as you like.
However, Contact Form 7 is not recommended for beginners. It lacks a simple drag-and-drop form builder, so you must have basic HTML knowledge to use the plugin. If you forget to add a character here or a square bracket there, your form will not work.
There is also no way to see a live preview of your form before it goes live.
Despite these drawbacks, Contact Form 7 remains a popular contact form plugin for WordPress due to some key features:
- Lots of free plugins (although you have to download them from third parties).
- Many types of form options
If you like playing around with code, Contact Form 7 will do the job. But you can save yourself a lot of time and trouble by using one of the more feature-rich plugins on this list.
- Totally free.
- Several free plugins you can download to extend functionality.
- Infinitely customizable forms for developers.
- It requires some knowledge of HTML to use, which makes it more suitable for advanced users.
- It lacks the extensive functions and features of other form builders.
- No drag and drop form creation.
- No live preview.
- You have to rely on third party developers for additional features.
- Since it's completely free, the chances of getting help when you need it are slim.
👉Read more:Formidable vs Contact Form 7
4. HubSpot Form Builder
O plug-in HubSpot WordPressis a free plug-in that allows you to accesshubspotDrag-and-drop form builder from your WordPress admin, along with other HubSpot tools like a customer relationship manager (CRM), email marketing, and popup builder.
Because it offers an integrated CRM, it's a great choice for lead generation forms, email signatures, contact forms, and similar forms. However, you can use it for any type of form as the drag and drop builder allows you to fully customize the form fields.
Integrated CRM allows you to connect with form submitters via email and other methods. For example, you can send one-time notification emails or even automated sequences.
- Drag-and-drop form creation interface.
- Integrated CRM to store contact data.
- Over 1,000 predefined form fields and dozens of input types.
- Post-submission actions: show a thank you page, redirect them to another page, and/or send an email.
- Analytics to track user behavior including how they interact with your forms.
- Place forms anywhere on your site using blocks or shortcodes.
- The HubSpot WordPress plugin and form builder are completely free.
- Visual drag and drop builder lets you create forms without any coding knowledge.
- Automatically sync contact details with the free HubSpot CRM.
- It lets you send one-time email notifications or set up automatic sequences, all with HubSpot's built-in email delivery service for reliable delivery.
- It allows you to create online forms and popups without using a third-party tool.
- More niche form types, such as WordPress user registration forms and checkout forms with integrated payment processing, are only available with a paid HubSpot plan.
HubSpot's WordPress plugin and form builder are 100% free, as is HubSpot's main CRM.
You only have to pay if you want access to more advanced marketing, sales, or customer service features. Depending on features, these plans start at $20 to $45 per month.
5. Ninja Training
There is a free version ofNinja Training?
Like many of the other WordPress form builder plugins on this list, Ninja Forms is a "freemium" product. This means that it is free to download and use, but there are premium options available with additional functionality.
So let's take a look at some of the biggest strengths of this free downloadable plugin.
- Intuitive drag and drop interface.
- Easily integrate your WordPress Ninja Forms with popular email campaign services likeMailChimpName, Constant Contact and Campaign Monitor.
- Enable reCAPTCHA and honeypot antispam options.
To create more than just basic contact forms, premium plugins offer more features like conditional logic, multi-part forms and payment gateways. Once you've purchased all the necessary plugins, you may spend more than if you'd purchased a more complete form plugin.
- Drag-and-drop form builder lets youindividual fields side by side.
- The extensive plugin options cover direct integrations that other plugins don't provide.
- Plugins for each individual feature can be expensive.
- Not all plugins are compatible with versions 4.0 and later.
👉Read more:Ninja vs Formidable Forms
Free + options starting at $99/year.
6. Everest Shapes
Everest Shapesis a free WordPress plugin that allows you to drag and drop fields to create responsive forms. It also prides itself on being meticulously designed for all levels of users.
When it comes to features, Everest Forms comes with a lot.
- To createmulti-column forms.
- Enable reCAPTCHA for spam protection (and GDPR compliant forms)
- Lightweight and faster operations than some competitors.
- 100% mobile-friendly design.
- 11 form field options (except Formidable and others)
However, like Formidable, it comes with a responsive design, advanced email settings, and editable success messages and form validation.
👉Read more:Formidable Forms vs Everest Comparado
If you need more features, the premium version includes features like a form style customizer, MailChimp and PayPal integration, and conditional logic.
- Easy drag and drop interface with two or three column forms.
- Free with a variety of features.
- Only two template options to choose from.
Free + plans starting at $48.30 per year.
What is the best free WordPress form plugin?
After evaluating the most popular WordPress contact form plugins, Formidable Forms is the top choice. It offers the most features and customization options while remaining easy to use and intuitive.
Plus, its drag-and-drop interface means you can fully customize your forms without writing a line of code.
Create the best contact form today!
More Comparisons of Free Form Builders for WordPress
When looking for the best free WordPress form plugins, there are many good options to choose from. Some focus on ease of use, others on functionality or additional options. Unfortunately, we couldn't go over all of them in this post.
For other examples, you can check out these form builders vs.stack of forms,google forms,Boiler Shapes(no longer supported) andforms of gravity. There are also other options like Forminator, HappyForms and Cognito Forms.
Providing a contact form to your website visitors will improve communication for your business or organization overnight. Whichever WordPress form builder plugin you use, a contact form will give you a competitive and professional edge.
Download Formidable Shapesand add the perfect form to your business website today!
Read more about WordPress form plugins
The 9 Best Investment Calculator Plugins for WordPress Read More
The 11 Best Free WordPress Test Plugins to Impress Your Website Visitors! read more
6 Best WordPress Order Form Plugins for Ecommerce Sites Read more(Video) Best WordPress Form Plugins For Membership Websites (2023)
Is there a free version of WPForms? ›
The free version, WPForms Lite, is 100% free forever. It lets you build different types of WordPress forms quickly and easily using a drag-and-drop interface. You can use WPForms Lite to: WPForms is the best WordPress Form Builder plugin.What is the most advanced WordPress form? ›
Formidable Forms is the most advanced WordPress form solution in the market, so if you want to change your form HTML, you have access to it. Formidable Views allow you to use your form data without any PHP, but HTML skills are helpful. With Formidable Views, you get a low-code platform for creating applications.What is the fastest WordPress forms plugin? ›
Our top choice for the best WordPress form builder plugin is WPForms. It truly is a WordPress form plugin that's both easy and powerful. There's a very good reason why over 5 million websites are using WPForms, and it's the fastest-growing form software on the planet.What is the best free form for WordPress? ›
- Formidable Forms.
- Everest Forms.
- Contact Form 7.
- Jetpack Forms.
- Ninja Forms.
- All in One SEO.
- Yoast SEO.
- W3 Total Cache.
- ActiveCampaign for Marketing.
- Formstack Forms.
While both WPForms and Gravity Forms are powerful and flexible, they can't do everything. To add even more functionality, both plugins allow for third-party extensions. Here, Gravity Forms is the clear winner, with a much more vibrant third-party extension marketplace.What is the cheapest form plugin in WordPress? ›
Quform. At just $29 per year, Quform is an affordable WordPress form plugin. This plugin is extremely responsive and mobile-friendly. You'll have the option to create multi-page forms, with complex layouts, and reCAPTCHA with the drag and drop builder.Is WordPress the most hacked CMS? ›
What's the most commonly-hacked CMS platform? WordPress was the most commonly-hacked CMS (content management system) in 2021, according to Sucuri's annual hacked website report. Over 95.6% of infections detected by Sucuri were on websites running WordPress.Is there something better than WordPress? ›
However if you're looking for the best WordPress alternatives, then we believe that Web.com is the best WordPress alternative. HubSpot and Wix are also among the popular WordPress alternatives that some small businesses owners choose for their website builder.
What is the fastest WordPress theme? ›
Hello Elementor is one of the fastest WordPress themes out there. It's very lightweight with a total page size of 21KB, and it's fully optimized for the Elementor page builder. The theme displays a fully loaded time of just 0.9 seconds and a 99% GTMetrix performance score.Which plugin is better than Elementor? ›
One of the best Elementor alternatives available is Divi. This page builder offers a complete design framework that you can use to customize your entire website. Website owners of all experience levels can benefit from Divi's easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.Is Ninja forms free? ›
Is Ninja Forms Paid? You only pay for our membership plans or individually purchased add-ons. The core plugin is free and you can download it from WordPress or from our website by navigating to the bottom of our page Product Info > Download.Do plugins slow down a WordPress site? ›
The fact is that every line of code you add to WordPress will increase your loading times. And all plugins slow down your site, but for some well built or small plugins the performance impact is negligible. Another important thing is to avoid using plugins that “do it all”, also known as “swiss army knife plugins”.How do I create a multi step form in WordPress for free? ›
- Step 1: Drag and Drop MetForm. ...
- Step 2: Create a New Form. ...
- Step 3: Build Multi Step Form From Scratch Using MetForm and Elementor Page builder. ...
- Step 4: Enable Multi Step Form Option of MetForm. ...
- Step 5: Configure Confirmation, Notification, and Other Settings to Complete.
- OceanWP. This theme tops our list as one of the best multipurpose themes. ...
- Astra. Another powerful and fast-growing free WordPress theme is Astra. ...
- Hestia. Hestia is one of ThemeIsle's most popular products, with tons of 5-star reviews. ...
- Neve. ...
- Sydney. ...
- Simple. ...
- SeedProd. ...
Get it for free! To add a contact form with Elementor, you can use the free WPForms plugin, or upgrade to the paid version to get a ton more features! The Pro version of the WPForms form builder plugin lets you: Install payment addons for Stripe, Square, and PayPal.How many plugins is too much for WordPress? ›
The short answer to the question “how many plugins are too many?” is that there is no hard-and-fast rule. Plugins are a must for most WordPress websites, but you should only use as many of them as you need.How many WordPress plugins should I have? ›
You should install as many WordPress plugins as necessary to run your website and grow your business. On average, its quite common for a business website to have at least 20 – 30 plugins. If you're using WordPress to it's full potential and have many advanced features, then this count can easily go into 50+.Are plugins worth it on WordPress? ›
No, there is no need to only use paid WordPress plugins on your website. You should only buy premium plugins when you actually need them. There are a lot of great free plugins that have no premium alternative or are much better than their paid alternatives. 2.
What is the best tool to create a form? ›
- Google Forms for quickly creating powerful forms for free.
- Microsoft Forms for analyzing form results in Excel.
- Jotform for building a form from a template.
- Formstack for regulated industries and advanced analytics.
- Typeform for conversational forms.
- Paperform for creating order forms.
- Microsoft Forms.
- Cognito Forms.
- Bonus: 123FormBuilder.
Google Forms is one of the best free online form builder application that enables you to collect information via the quiz or survey.Is there a better form than Google forms? ›
What's the Top Google Forms Alternative? WPForms is far and above the best alternative to Google Forms. Forms built with WPForms are just as easy to make but are much more professional-looking than Google Forms. Plus, the Form Pages addon makes it insanely easy to create dedicated landing pages.What does WPForms cost? ›
How Much Does WPForms Pro Cost? The Pro license unlocks almost all of the features and addons in the plugin. Pricing starts at $199.50/yr, and you can use your license on 5 sites. All WPForms plans have affordable pricing, especially for the features you get.Why is JotForm better than Google forms? ›
Unlike Google Forms, Jotform offers thousands of form templates, hundreds of form fields and widgets, and dozens of app integrations, so you can build a form that looks and works exactly how you want it to.Is gravity form free? ›
Gravity Forms is a powerful drag-and-drop form builder. Most features are available at all pricing tiers, including… The Basic tier comes with a number of Add-Ons for only $59/year.Can I create a form in WordPress without a plugin? ›
Unfortunately, WordPress doesn't provide the ability to install forms on your website without a third-party solution, like a plug-in. To add a contact form without a plug-in, you need an online form builder that allows you to embed a form directly on your site.How many plugins are free on WordPress? ›
With more than 58,000 free plugins, WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) today. A plugin can build on existing features in WordPress' core or introduce new features entirely. As a result, there are many benefits to utilizing plugins on your WordPress site.What are the biggest problems with WordPress? ›
WordPress is still a slow platform due to all the added plugins, oversaturated databases, and codebases. However, those are not the only things that can slow down your website. Large images, a lot of wording on a page, and unreliable hosting can impact your website speed. Page speed is crucial to your website.
Can you get a virus from WordPress? ›
It can come in the form of a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or spyware. Despite some strong security measures, WordPress sites are vulnerable to malware attacks. There are many different ways that malware can get onto your WordPress site. The most common method is through malicious plugins or themes.Is WordPress risky? ›
Why are WordPress sites vulnerable? WordPress sites are vulnerable to these attacks the same way as other security issues on this list: outdated plugins, themes, and core software. Successful brute attacks and undefined user roles can also make your site vulnerable.Is WordPress losing popularity? ›
The Future of WordPress' Market Share
Simply put, no. In fact, between January 2021 and January 2022 its share has increased again – by around 4%.
Though it started off as a blogging software, WordPress today is darn expandable, scalable, secured, and much more than that. Many heavy hitters, such as, eBay, Sony, GM, UPS, Forbes, CNN, Reuters, The NYT, Samsung, IBM and TechCrunch are using WordPress as their blogging or website platform.Is WordPress outdated 2022? ›
When it comes to websites in 2022, WordPress continues to be the number one choice for content management solutions. According to HubSpot, “WordPress is used by 65.2% of all websites using a CMS”.What are the top 3 things that slow a WordPress site down? ›
- Website has hidden malware. ...
- Poor web host. ...
- Running too many plugins. ...
- Using poor-quality plugins and themes. ...
- Not updating WordPress core, plugins, and themes. ...
- Not optimizing images. ...
- Not using caching plugins.
- Visual Composer.
- WP Page Builder by Themeum.
- MotoPress Content Editor.
- Live Composer.
Specular. Specular is a multipurpose theme and fits everyone. It offers lots of customization options and supports multiple page builders and layout designs. The theme comes with multiple readymade templates you can import and customize as you see fit with Gutenberg, Elementor or WPBakery page builders.Is Elementor free good enough? ›
While Elementor Pro gives you unlimited access to its full suite of features and templates, the free version is more than enough to provide you with a better experience for building and designing your site!Do professional Web developers use Elementor? ›
Although less tech-savvy professionals rely out of necessity on this WordPress plugin, many web developers also choose to use Elementor. Web developers can sometimes get lost in the vast array of customization options despite being a relatively fast and easy tool for designing a website.
Is Elementor still the best? ›
Elementor is now actively used by over four million WordPress websites, which makes it the most popular WordPress page builder. It's also maintained an impressive 4.7-star rating (out of 5) on over 5,900 reviews, so most of those users are pretty happy with Elementor.How much is Ninja Forms? ›
$299/year* Included (are we seeing a theme?)How do I use Elementor forms? ›
- Step 1: Add the Elementor Contact Widget. ...
- Step 2: Set Up Your Contact Form Fields. ...
- Step 3: Configure Your Form Submissions. ...
- Step 4: Customize Your Contact Form Messaging. ...
- Step 5: Styling Your Elementor Contact Form. ...
- Step 6: Save and Publish Your Form.
Ninja Forms and WPForms are contact form plugins for WordPress. That means you install them as plugins on your site. They both let you publish forms on your pages, posts, and even in a sidebar widget. WPForms is the best WordPress Form Builder plugin.Is there a Google Forms plugin for WordPress? ›
The Google Forms plugin allows you to manage and edit forms from the WordPress admin area and gives you many options for extending and customizing your Google Form template: Columns: Split up form responses to as many as 10 columns.Which plugin can be used to create form on a WordPress website? ›
The Discussion Board plugin offers another easy way to place a forum on your WordPress website. After installation, this free tool adds three new pages: a login page, a page for existing forum topics, and a page where users can submit new topics via a form.
By default, WordPress does not come with a built-in contact form, but there is an easy way to add contact forms to your site. In this article, we'll show you how to easily create a contact form in WordPress without touching a single line of code.How do I create a fillable form in WordPress? ›
- Choose a WordPress form plugin.
- Install the plugin on your WordPress website.
- Create a new form.
- Add form fields to your form.
- Embed the form into a page or post on your website.
You can install a plugin from the WordPress Plugin Repository on multiple websites at once in GoDaddy Pro. Log in to your GoDaddy Pro account.Does GoDaddy have a WordPress plugin? ›
GoDaddy has developed several plugins for WordPress. Each of these plugins has its own information and support pages hosted at WordPress.org. The information pages contain a description, a download link, and reviews. You'll also find a link to the support forum for each of these plugins.
What is the best forum builder in WordPress? ›
bbPress is hands-down the best WordPress forum plugin. It is a sister project of WordPress.org, which means it's built the WordPress way and uses the WordPress core to power your forum. bbPress is easy to set up, moderate and maintain, fast, and clean. Anyone can easily create a forum in WordPress using this plugin.What is the easiest WordPress website builder? ›
- Visual Composer.
- WP Page Builder by Themeum.
- MotoPress Content Editor.
- Live Composer.
In general, you might be fine with the free version of Elementor if you just want to design some basic landing pages or add some style to your blog posts. However, if you want to use Elementor to design your entire website, you'll probably want the powerful new features, design options, and templates in Elementor Pro.Which is better Wix or Elementor? ›
Verdict: To use Elementor for blogging, you need to follow a complicated process where you need to integrate your WordPress website with a blog creation plugin. But Wix offers a simple solution to fulfill all your blogging needs, so Wix is the clear winner of this one.